Earth911 has put out a neat app that makes recycling locally super simple, telling you exactly what you can recycle and where to take it when you’re ready to send it off.
Compatible with both iPhone and Android, iRecycle brings you Earth911.com’s national, comprehensive database of over 100,000 recycling and proper disposal locations for over 200 products at the touch of a button. Whether you need to recycle motor oil and CFLs in San Francisco or rechargeable batteries and paint in Washington, DC, iRecycle can connect you with real, local options.
Even when you think you’re eco-savvy, sometimes you still find yourself asking, “Can I recycle this? If so…who takes it?” Kinda cool your phone can now answer that for you. The app tells you not only what and where, but even the hours of operation of the facilities and directions on how to get there. Check out Earth911 for download details. And, it’s free!
iRecycle app for iPhone & Android
The new version of iRecycle is now not only available to one of the largest groups of smart phone users, but also highlighted in the Sprint (NYSE:S) Green ID pack.
Earth911 gathers, distributes and analyzes localized recycling information to assist manufacturers, organizations and consumers with product end-of-use solutions. Based on Earth911’s mantra that recycling is one of the easiest and most accessible ways to get people plugged into sustainability, the iRecycle app provides access to more than 800,000 recycling and disposal resources for more than 240 materials. Also streaming the latest articles covering the trends and ideas in product stewardship and recycling that matter most, iRecycle offers a completely unique user experience to the green Android sector.
Top features include:
- Find recycling locations and programs for more than 240 materials
- Search capabilities using current location, ZIP code, address or city
- Access a recycling listing’s vital details such as website, phone number, directions, hours of operation, and other materials collected to streamline the process
- The latest in product stewardship and recycling news with original content published daily by Earth911.com
- Social sharing for both recycling searches and articles via Facebook and Twitter
- Customizable Earth911 User Profiles to access insider scoops and weekly e-newsletter blasts
- Easy access to past searches and articles read with the History feature
- Unique iRecycle Android Widget that brings fresh content right to a device’s home screen
“The iRecycle app provides a great resource for customers who are looking for up-to-date information about recycling and sustainability,” said Ralph Reid, vice president of corporate responsibility for Sprint. “We are delighted to include this app in Sprint’s Green ID pack and happy that all Android users can access and use it.”